- INAUGURAL DAY OF FRIENDSHIP CELEBRATION: Schryver Park, 10AM-2PM Community members can connect with each other, enjoy live music and poetry together, learn more about community organizations, and where PikeRide will be officially launching their electric bike share stations within Manitou Springs. The event starts with a kick-off from Nancy Fortuin: the Mayor Pro Tem of Manitou Springs at Schryver Park from 10AM-2PM on Friday, July 30th. The event ends with the Moonlight Market from 5-8PM. In between these two events, we are encouraging our community members to make a difference in Manitou Springs, whether that is picking up trash or introducing yourself to new people. The International Day of Friendship is about strengthening our already flourishing sense of community. New poetry commissioned by the Creative District in honor of the Day of Friendship will be performed by Ashley Cornelius and Katie Orr of Poetry 719 and is generously funded by the Manitou Springs Community Foundation.
- ‘LOVE BIRDS’ SCULPTURE REVEAL AND CELEBRATION: Corner of Cañon and Washington Ave.
Join artists Manuel Pulido & Kat Tudor as they reveal ‘Love Birds’, Smokebrush Foundation’s latest interactive public street-art happening —near the corner of Cañon and Washington Avenue. They’re excited to share the story of this work’s inspiration with the community of Manitou Springs, and illuminate the artistic catalyst which inspired this gift of creativity and love.
- PPLD FRIENDSHIP BRACELET TAKE & MAKE: Manitou Springs Library, 10am-5pm
Learn some techniques to make a friendship bracelet in celebration of the Manitou Springs Day of Friendship. Take and Makes for multiple skill levels will be available at Manitou beginning on July 30. #takeandmake, #dayoffriendship, #ppldtakeandmake https://ppld.librarymarket.com/manitou-day-friendship-friendship-bracelet-take-make
- POETRY HEALS, Manitou Springs: Schryver Park, 10:30-12:30pm
Create a community poem as you enjoy the live music at the park.
- PIKERIDE LAUNCH CELEBRATION WITH PaCMan: Ped and Cycle, Manitou Springs: Schryver Park, 10am
The entire community is invited to a PikeRide launch celebration at Schryver Park Friday, July 30th at 10 a.m. Please join Pedestrian and Cycle Manitou (PaC-MAN) for celebration as we help MSCD and PikeRide kick off eBike share in Manitou! We encourage all who plan to ride to wear a helmet. https://www.facebook.com/events/497608404645120
- MOONLIGHT MARKET: Manitou Art Center, 5pm-8pm This Day of Friendship Moonlight Market will be held as usual at the Manitou Art Center, between building 513 and 515 from 5-8pm. Come enjoy the summer featuring local artists, live music, and local food as you connect with friends, neighbors, and celebrate the differences that make us stronger. https://www.facebook.com/moonlightmarketmanitou